Below we explain how Mamarent.com, our partners, and other third parties use these technologies, your privacy settings and the other options you have.
What are cookies, pixels, and local storage?
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. As many services do, we use pixels to learn whether you’ve interacted with certain web or email content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalize your experience on this website.
Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage to customize what we show you based on your past interactions with us.
Why does Mamarent.com use these technologies?
This website uses these technologies to deliver, measure, and improve our services in various ways. These uses generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Authentication and security:
- To protect your security
- To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate the Privacy Rules
For example, these technologies help prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your data. They also let us show you appropriate content through our services.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or country that you are in. We can then provide you with content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit our website. We can also customize content based on your country, such as showing you what topics are trending near you, or to withhold certain content based on applicable local laws.
- Analytics and research:
- To help us improve and understand how people use our services, including buttons and widgets, and Ads
- Personalized content:
- To customize our services with more relevant content, like tailored trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow
- To help us deliver ads, measure their performance, and make them more relevant to you based on criteria like your activity on the website and visits to our ad partners’ websites
Our third-party advertising providers, including Google Analytics for Display Advertisers, also use these technologies for marketing, including the delivery of interest-based ads and measurement of their performance. If you do not want our advertising providers to use your visits to this websites to show you personalized ads on our behalf, you can opt out using your “Do Not Track” browser setting. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on, and out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings.
Where are these technologies used?
Mamarent.com uses these technologies on our own websites. This includes our advertising and platform partners’ websites. Third parties may also use these technologies, for example, when you interact with their content from within our services, like when you click a link or stream media on this website from a third-party service, and to help with the delivery of ads shown on and off of this website.
What are my privacy options?
- For using cookies: You can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny all cookies, or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. Although cookies are not required for some parts of our services, Mamarent.com may not work properly if you disable cookies entirely.